- An essay by Professor Peter Gray of Boston College on the deficit of play today's children are suffering from.
- The New York Times Magazine had a long read on voting rights, which, given the makeup of the nation's public schools, matters greatly
- Another in the ongoing series the Boston Globe has been doing about Boston's desegregation of schools, this time focusing on the two women who led, in some fashion, each side.
- The T&G had a front page story yesterday on charter schools and who they actually serve. Key to remember that ELL and special education represent a range of need, and the highest end isn't, nearly ever, covered by charter schools.
- And a question on why we're assigning homework in elementary schools
Monday, December 21, 2015
Some reading from over the weekend
Should you have missed them: