- We're getting an update on the Blue Ribbon Technology report.
- We've got a report on the projected cost of reopening a school building.
- We have a report coming back on how much it would cost to expand instrument lessons to all remaining elementary schools. (short answer: a bit more than an additional music teacher)
- And it's time for the third quarter budget report! Plus the update on all accounts! If you want a better idea of how the WPS budget works over the course of a year, these are good to read. It shows how things have changed since the School Committee passed the budget last June, and it often gives an idea of what sorts of changes are going to be required for the next year.
- Ever wondered which schools don't have playgrounds on site or just off-site? I did.
- The query around additional alternative placements is being referred to the FY15 budget.
- In response to an item on space at All Saints and St. Paul's, we have another reminder of Chapter 30B (that's the Mass General Law that requires any such procurement of space must go out to bid).
- We have a report on the process of requesting school repair.
- And we have to vote on raising the school lunch price to $1.75 for next year (with explanatory memos).
5:30 pm, room 410 of the Durkin Administration Building (take the elevator to the fourth floor and follow the signs through School Nutrition)
And should you be planning on attending the public hearing on the FY15 budget at 7 pm Monday night, you can find all documents released regarding it in in the FY15 budget folder on the WPS website.