Thursday, January 9, 2014

New year, new term

I had intended to post this last week, but with technology challenges and snow days, and such, I haven't gotten to it until now.

As we start 2014 and a new term on the School Committee, a few blog resolutions:

  • I'll continue to pass along information that I get, particularly from the Worcester Public Schools, as soon as it's public. You saw that yesterday! I know many of you come here to get the other side of the story, or the full story, or to figure out what is going on. The era of smart phones has made this easier than ever; I'll keep pushing on that.
  • I'll continue to liveblog Worcester School Committee meetings, subcommittee meetings that I attend (I am assigned to Finance & Operations, and to Accountability, but I try to attend most of the other two as well), and pertinent city and state hearings and meetings as I attend them.
  • If I get several of the same question from people, or if the answer I get from a constituent question seems of more general interest, I'll be sure and post that. And as one of last year's most read posts was "You Ask, We Answer" on school nutrition, we'll keep them coming.
  • I fell off a bit in posting on state and national issues towards the end of last year; I'll work to pick that up again.
  • Also, remember that you can find me on Twitter, where I often will link to items that I don't have much of a comment on, and on Facebook, where I've set up the "follow" option (and all of my education-related posts are public). 
And, as always, please pass along your questions! Thanks for reading!

No comments: