Monday, May 16, 2011

Petitioning the School Committee

I'm at the Mayor's Civics Academy tonight. As this was just noted to public surprise, I thought I'd pass it along:
Any local resident (note resident) may petition the School Committee on an issue of interest to them. Simply writing "The undersigned, residing in the City of Worcester most respectfully petition your Honorable Board" followed by your petition, signature, and address and turning it in by noon one week prior to the School Committee meeting to the School Committee Clerk's office will get you on the next agenda.
Remember that the School Committee meets the first and third Thursdays of the month. Public petitions are generally taken early on the agenda.
ALSO: the same process can be used to petition the City Council (with the petition going to the City Clerk...I'm not sure when those need to be in).

1 comment:

Jim Gonyea said...

That's cool. I wish I knew that when I was a student with a bad attitude.