The Worcester School Committee meets tonight at 7 pm at City Hall. You can find the agenda here.
In addition to the substantive issues coming out of subcommittee regarding the policy manual, we are also:
- recognizing the Boston Globe Scholastic Art and Writing award winners
- getting a short presentation on the Superintendent's Student Advisory Council
- voting (one assumes) to open negotiations with the EAW (for tutors, assistants, IAs, and parent liaisons) and with the MNA (for nurses)
- getting (in addition to Governance) reports out from Accountability and from Finance and Operations.
- hearing back from Columbus Park on naming their auditorium
- setting dates for a number of recognitions
- accepting a donation from St. John's church for iPads at Union Hill
- accepting a grant from Johnson & Johnson
- sending the (now annual) school lunch increase off to F&O
- asking for a report on summer programs
- asking for a report on pedestrian issues (crosswalks, signage) around schools
- considering awarding diplomas to veterans whose military service interrupted their completion of school
- requesting training for our principals for the new regs on suspension
- And (love this one) asking that the City Manager put back the star in front of City Hall where Isaiah Thomas read the Declaration of Independence! (before it was read in Boston...just saying!)
7 pm, City Hall!