Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My thanks

There will over the next few weeks be time enough for summings up and such, but tonight, I just want to say thank you for the past six years. I've immensely enjoyed serving on the Worcester School Committee. I've learned an enormous amount; I've gotten to work with great people, and we have a better school system than we did six years ago.
I was asked tonight if I'd change anything about it: no, I wouldn't. At the end of the day, the final person I have to live with is me. My comments, my votes, my speeches, have all been what I truly think and know and have researched. As Vice-President Biden said earlier this year:
What always confuses me about some folks I’ve worked with is why in God’s name would you want the job if you couldn’t say what you believed? I’m not—there’s nothing noble about this, but ask yourselves the question: Would you want a job that, in fact, every day you had to get up and you had to modulate what you said and believed?
Thank you, Worcester. It's been a great run, and I'm so very proud to have had this chance.

Note, incidently, that the Mass Association of School Committees meets this week; the blogging will pick up there tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amesbury'sFuture said...

Tracy, I was very sorry to see this news. You have been an incredible source of information, a thoughtful and insightful leader. Your work stretched far beyond Worchester. Good luck in your next endeavors.

Amy Sherwood
Amesbury School Coalition