Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I have no idea what this means

The big news here is that Bloomberg is now going after teacher tenure in the city entirely (speaking as a former teacher for whom the First Amendment was not going to be enough, yes, I see the value of tenure!), but the quote from the NYC Chancellor of Ed on whistleblowing is mystifying:
“I’m a person who wants to make sure we have a system that is honest, which it is,” he said. “And so there’s no public call where I want you to out your principal, I want you to out your assistant principal. I want to be very clear about that. It’s up to all of us to make sure that any cheating that’s taken place at any level, that we know about it because we will follow up.”
The best I can do is you don't need to call them because they're going to...magically, somehow...know? that something is wrong, and they'll fix it.
How...novel.

No comments: