Thursday, July 28, 2011

SOS March coverage: UPDATED

In today's T&G
Should you be a Bay Stater heading down to D.C., there's a contingent meeting at the World War II memorial, Massachusetts regiment. Hope to see you!
I'll only add that I won't be able to liveblog the march, but I will tweet (you can find my Tweeter feed here), and I'll post when I get back.

UPDATE: It appears that it has come to the administration's attention that they are about to have thousands of upset parents, teachers, elected officials, educational researchers, and others turn up on their doorstep.  EdWeek reports that yesterday's meeting between organizers and ed officials (Duncan apparently stopped by for 10 minutes)...depends on who you ask. Duncan thinks they aren't far apart; organizers disagree. Considering that the previous times Duncan has met (by phone or otherwise) with some of the same people, I'm not confident he actually listened.

1 comment:

Jim Gonyea said...

I'm just disappointed that the Massachusetts School Committees have never done this in Boston. And I suggested it a lot over the years.