Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mullaney on Boone

"I found it rather presumptuous of me, being me, to be evaluating someone in a field that I was such a novice in"
normally people get evaluated by people who have done that job themselves
"I am the first to admit that, even though over 16 years I've gotten some knowledge, I'm very humbled to be here...doesn't give me the qualifications to evaluate" her
"a sense of teamwork to a somewhat fractured body"...commends the superintendent for the retreat last year
School Committee on goals "rather than getting bogged down in the more mundane and trival aspects of the day to day running of the schools"
comment on School Committee talking to all members
"a new set of eyes"
restructuring admin "well thought out and easily justified"
high praise here for Finance and Operations under Brian Allen
"striving toward her clear-headed goal of meeting state and federal standards"
Mullaney here references the reconsideration on staff development
cites Boone's "modesty and the lack of publicity" in the economies in the budget
Level 4 schools "a nasty storm...steered...successfully, if a bit sadly, through those uncharted, bumpy waters"
skeptic of Worcester Compact: "worry about centering all of our priorities around raising test scores"
communiciation: Boone "has by now been everywhere and met everyone"
community meetings "were well-intentioned but unnecessary"
"we could do neat things if we had the money...an honorable attempt which I hope is not repeated"
"hardly an area of expertise for me...defer to her judgement...not comprehending everything in this new world of 'accountability'"
quotes Newman: "she knows what she is about"

No comments: