Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This has nothing to do with education

...but I don't see another laptop in the chamber.
Germaine is holding the charter change item, on what happens if a district councilor leaves midway through a term, under personal privilege.
Eddy is speaking on the item, anyway, but it's officially off the table until next week.
He points out that running for at-large and school committee is significantly different than running for district councilor.

It will be the first item next week.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

The only difference in running for district councilor is that there's usually no opposition and that incumbents win by landslides (cf. Clancy). I'm sure he's a lovely man, but Bill Eddy can bite me.

Santa Claus for District 5 Councilor!

Tracy Novick said...

The example Councilor Eddy keeps citing is his own: there were four write-in votes in District 5, two each for two people.

(I don't believe any were cast for Santa Claus, but I could be mistaken.)

Nicole said...

I thought at a previous council meeting, they said that Santa was one of them.

I know that I voted "None of the Above" and my husband voted "Bozo T. Clown", which tells you that we need to coordinate the voting techniques in our household.