- The state is fully funding ch. 70 to the foundation levels.
- The state is funding education this year through state money (not, like last year, federal stimulus money)
- as we discovered Tuesday, the governor is providing funds for a commission to study adequacy in education funding
- regional transportation is down by 55% of FY10
- the special ed circuit breaker is down to $135 million (from over $200 million in FY09); I guarantee you'll hear more on this one.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I've only got a bit of preliminary information on the state budget, released yesterday, but I thought it worth passing on: