(it's a multiple MOU night!)
Presentation from the superintendent on the MOU btn DESE and WPS
THIS IS NOT RTTT
We are designated as a Commissioner's district
13 priority schools
actions we will take for school improvement
Mulqueen"collaborative relationship between DESE and WPS"
quarterly mtgs btn Mulqueen and DESE
- Title 1 schoool supplement grant: federal (only to Title 1 schools in the district; support provided)
- supplement from state, generally applied in the budget
Limited funding being used for:
- Focus on Results: coaches from district, leadership training (team mtgs), aligning
- Instructional Leadership Team Support: use data to improve instruction
- Implementation Audit: "how are we using our resources?"
- Comprehensive Accountability System: Center for Leadership "coming to help us develop" ("high leveraged adult actions...how do they translate to student performance?")
"improve system's efficiency and effectiveness conserving resources and expediting improved student improvement"