Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Governor Baker releases FY20 budget

Today, the Governor released House 1 (that bill number is reserved for the Governor's budget in his first term; he gets House 2 next year); at the same time, he also filed H70, An Act to Promote Equity and Excellence in Education, which DESE has posted something of a summary of, which I have kept here.

I am not going to talk about the bill in this blog post; I am going to talk ONLY about the FY20 budget as proposed. Today's press conference and subsequent coverage blurred--I think intentionally--which does what, but it is important to keep which does what clear.

I'm trying something new this year: I've created a spreadsheet which does what I usually post; it has each K-12 account number, a brief description, the FY19 (final) number, and now I've added the Governor's proposal for FY20 and whatever notes are necessary. I've posted it here; I'll be updating it as the budget process moves along. If anything is unclear on it or you have suggestions, as always, send them along.

The twitter thread that I posted as I went through the budget lines is below; I'll add some more context to this tomorrow!


No comments: