Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Commonwealth Magazine on the Commissioner search

I've added this to my round up of links post, but I did want to flag it on its own: Michael Jonas of Commonwealth Magazine has a solid piece on the search for a commissioner, framing it as a choice of direction for education in Massachusetts. (And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm quoted.)
We are at “a moment of pause,” said Paul Reville, who served as education secretary under governor Deval Patrick. “There’s been a lot of pushback on existing reform strategies and a lot of conflict on what the next direction should be.” 
Reville said it has also not been entirely clear what the Baker administration’s broader vision is for education – beyond the strong support shown for charter schools by the governor, Education Secretary Jim Peyser, and state education board chairman Paul Sagan. “I think they’ve struggled some with that because they had all their eggs in the charter school basket and that didn’t work out as they’d hoped,” Reville said.

No comments: