Sunday, September 4, 2016

On the "yes on 2" claims from this weekend

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with these, and they tend to keep ending up on Twitter as a result. You can see my quick response to the money Big Lie on Facebook here:

(That's the "blogger" page where I also post education links that I might not get to here.)
I'll come back to that at greater length here later.

Today, I saw the "lift the cap" crew claiming that there is district need for cap lift. That doesn't line up with the facts on seats, as below:

(Note that Boston's charters again ran it up against the cap as they do every year. Other expansions, however, were in Springfield and Everett.)
DESE's list, should you be interested, is here. The final column is a very simple "1" if near cap, "0" if not near cap.
More as I have a chance! #NoOn2

No comments: