Thursday, June 5, 2014

Student Advisory Council report

While much of the Superintendent's midcycle review is being postponed, we have the Superintendent's Student Advisory Council being presented here tonight.
insight into what happens outside my school and how I could contribute to improving my school
we brought up that our school didn't have people to be in after school, so students couldn't use the library
"I saw the changes...library staying open until 3"
"I learned a lot about how school systems work...I talked a lot about courses...how we would be able to gain new courses and get them into the curriculum"
"I am very proud of what we do...an opportunity to learn more about what's going on in our schools and how to fix them"
"everybody develops leadership while they're in it"
"also the students that have a voice"
"I learned so many new things about my school that I didn't know before"
overcrowded buses, and "we actually got heat in the buses"
"awesome to be with them"
Boone: a mechanism by which we talk about the student voice

No comments: