Wednesday, December 1, 2010

School Committee meeting Thursday

The Worcester School Committee meets on Thursday. You'll find the agenda here. Up this week:
  • goal setting! This time, we narrow them down to a managable number.
  •  a TLSS subcommittee report. Look for much talk of a) the Common Core and b) foreign field trips. I wasn't at this meeting and I haven't seen the backup on this yet, so I don't know what recommendations are coming out of the subcommittee. Look for the foreign field trips part to be lively!
  • mercury, mercury, mercury
  • a few recognitions and donations (mostly setting dates and accepting money)
  • looking at the priorities set by the state on our building replacements
  • a few items around student referrals and special education
There is an executive session preceding, as per usual. I haven't seen an agenda for that, but don't be surprised if the meeting starts a bit after 7 pm. And so long as the wifi is up, I'll be blogging.

No comments: