- The Burncoat Robotics team, the Green Reapers, are doing these alumni profiles, which are excellent to read.
- This post, from Momastery, about teaching as connection, has been all over social media this week, but if it somehow hasn't crossed your screen, give it a read.
- A thoughtful post here about the Common Core purported emphasis on close reading and what we're really looking for.
- Some states are now ditching the "Common Core" as a name...but not the standards themselves.
- An analysis of how much snow it takes to cancel school across the U.S. (but do read the notes!)
- The Mass Board of Ed voted this week to postpone including student data in the teacher evaluation (this came through on the Commissioner's weekly update, which doesn't appear to be posted online yet); if you're wondering why, go see Bruce Baker on the lousy understanding of what Student Growth Percentile can and cannot show. EDIT: They didn't. They did this in December. Apologies for the confusion.
- And if you know of anyone who has a child struggling with addiction to heroin or other drugs, please let them know about Learn to Cope.
*In Case You Missed It