Friday, June 18, 2010

Director of Staff Development

The position cut last night (pending questions of legal authority) is not exactly that held by Maureen Ciccone as reported today. Maureen's title is "Manager of Staff and Curriculum Development"; due to administrative reorganization, some of her responsibilities are being moved elsewhere (to the Academic Office, I believe), and thus the position is only that of professional (or staff) development.
Which, to some of us, did not warrant a $133,000 position for general oversight.

4 comments:

T-Traveler said...

Thanks for your vote on this one. Hope everybody left the issue in the council chamber, a great lesson Paul Tinsley taught Jordan Levy and he shared with me.

Even if every dollar of Title II has to be spent on new activities instead of salary it was all worth it.

Manager of professional developemnet to me makes it seem like there was a professional development staff that gets managed, am I wrong on that one?

Love how Mayor Joe kept his eyes on the prize in the end when the supplanting issue was raised. He said we're approving teh tax-levy budget tonight, and we'll wait for a report on Title II.

I was hoping Brian would support you on the security guard once you voted with him.

Question about "$9 an hour security guard" why is ok for school buildings but not the right level of position or trainiing for DAB/CAB?

Tracy Novick said...

And I've just been told that a member has filed for reconsideration.

Tracy Novick said...

And T? I'd say "not so much" on the leaving it in the chamber.
I think we need to talk to the principals about their security guards.

greeneyes said...

T-Traveler, do you mean my uncle, JOE Tinsley