- To set a date to recognize, with gratitude and appreciation, the donation of $100,000 by the Alden Trust to the Worcester Educational Development Foundation, to fund field trips for Worcester students to key cultural/educational institutions of Central Massachusetts, and the support of the Durham Bus Company to help to make these trips feasible.
- To accept a donation in the amount of $500.00 made payable to Lincoln Street School.
- To accept a donation in the amount of $25,000.00 made payable to Union Hill School from the Lanza Family Foundation for school field trips.
- To accept a donation in the amount of $5,000.00 presented to Dr. Sheila Harrity from MetLife/NASSP National High School Principal of the Year.
- To accept a donation in the amount of $13,000.00 from Millbury Savings Bank to the Worcester Public Schools representing the fourth installment toward Millbury Savings Bank’s five-year commitment to Quinsigamond and Vernon Hill schools.
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Lots of approvals here tonight: