Saturday, May 8, 2010

Postcards to Mrs. Obama?

I don't know if anyone else has seen this; just came across the transom:


Here is what Michelle Obama said ABOUT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION'S NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PROGRAM on the campaign trail IN WISCONSIN ON FEBRUARY 28, 2008 :
“No Child Left Behind is strangling the life out of most schools.” “If my future were determined by my performance on a standardized test I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee that.”

Thousands of us agree with her criticism, and we need her help to end the dependence on high stakes testing. Please: send postcards to the First Lady.

Address the post card to:
First Lady Michelle Obama
White House,Washington DC

*SEND THE POSTCARD WITH THIS MESSAGE:* Dear Michelle: We want the same education for our children that you provide for Malia and Sasha. *Our child is not a test score.*
Tell the President to end the use of high stakes standardized tests!

No comments: