We will be taking up two items in Executive Session:
- Executive session pursuant to Mass. G.L. c. 30A, Section 21(a)(2) to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel and contract negotiations with nonunion personnel, Superintendent’s Employment Contract.
- Executive session pursuant to Mass. G.L. c. 30A, Section 21(a)(2) to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel and contract negotiations with nonunion personnel, Interim Superintendent Employment Contract.
The section of the policy manual regarding the work of the School Committee, now on its second hold, is again on the agenda.
The report of the superintendent this week is on our alternative education programs, which has had a grant-funded outside evaluation. Should you have any interest in our programs, it's definitely worth a read.
The EAW is requesting that we open negotiations for successor contracts with Bus Drivers (Aids to the Physically Handicapped), Bus Monitors, Units A &B, Instructional Assistants, Parent Liaisons, ESL Tutors, abd OT/PT Assistants.
We're being informed a few personnel items.
The North High Alumni Association raised money for a van for the school, and so we're planning to thank them for that.
Mr. Monfredo would like to recognize the South High AP Pep Rally.
There's a conference later this month on "Human Rights and Social Studies" that some may be interested in.
We're being asked to accept a donation from Shaw's to McGrath Elementary of $400.
Mr. Monfredo is recommending that schools share best practices to improve school climate and parent involvement.
Mr. Monfredo is looking to schedule meetings with the delegation.
We're being asked to accept a donation of $250 from JVE for Tatncuk Magnet.
Mr. Foley is calling to our attention the work of the Unified Theater.
Yes, I've been selected for the 2015 the All-State School Committee...
Mr. O'Connell is requesting any update on the school security audit (which we got on Friday).
We're being asked to accept an anonymous donation of $5000 and a $100 donation from Kate Toomey to Tatnuck Magnet.
We're being asked to approve prior fiscal year payments to psychologists of $77.63 and $39.68, respectively.
Miss Biancheria would like a report on the Recovery High School.
Mr. Monfredo wants to talk about Family Literacy Month.
Finally, there are three from Mayor Petty:
- Request that the Administration ask the purchasing agent to prepare documents for a Request for Proposal for a search firm for the selection of the next Superintendent of the Worcester Public Schools.
- To consider selection of Dr. Marco Rodrigues as Interim Superintendent of Schools.
- To approve the timeline for the selection of the new Superintendent of Schools.