Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Round-up of links on the education commissioner

I thought a central repository might be useful

Here's the official press release from the Department.
I put the CV's of the three finalists in my Dropbox here.
My blog post on how this works--eight votes to recommend to the Secretary for appointment--is here. Note that since that post, Noyce has stepped down; West and Fernandez are new members.
The State House News Service article by Katie Lannan can be found (among other places) here.
WBUR's Max Larkin pulled this together yesterday.
You can read Michael Jonas in Commonwealth Magazine here.
The Texas Tribune gives a Texas angle on Penny Schwinn here.
Here's New York's Chalkbeat note on Angélica Infante-Green.
Katherine McKiernan at the Herald has this on responses to the finalists.
Chalkbeat notes that over the weekend, New York City parents began circulating a petition, calling on Mayor DeBlasio to appoint Infante-Green Chancellor of the New York City Public Schools.
Michael Jonas of Commonwealth writes an in-depth look at the finalists, postulating that "as goes the Commissioner, so goes the direction of education.)

My blog post with what I can find on Penny Schwinn is here.
My blog post with what I can find on Angélica Infante-Green is here.
My blog post with what I can find (and what I know) on Jeffrey Riley is here.

The interviews are on Friday, January 26 beginning at 9 at the Omni Parker House in Boston and will be livestreamed here.
The Board meets again Monday, January 29 in Malden at 12:30  to vote for their recommendation.
And yes, I'll be there to cover it. 

No comments: