There are a significant number of things out for public comment right now, and, thinking some of you would like nothing better than to use your time over the holiday break than to express your views, I'm collecting them all here in one list:
- Public comment on the ELA and math standards is due by February 17. A summary of proposed changes to the ELA standards are posted here. A summary of the proposed changes to the mathematics standards are posted here. The full changes are available for download of math and of ELA.
- Public input on the proposed new MCAS achievement levels and descriptors is due January 27. You can do that via this survey.
- Public comment on the proposed changes to educator evaluation are due January 27. They are available for download here. Comments should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Public comment on proposed changes to recovery high school regulations are due January 17. Those can be downloaded here. Comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The standards for history and social studies are just beginning to be reconsidered. You can give input on this by taking this survey.