Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dennis Ferrante

recognized for 33 years in WPS
"partner is a word that we think of" when we think of Dennis (Dolores Gribouski is giving the administration's tribute)
"really tap on that expertise"
"a creative innovator...really innovator in the world of music"
students in the adult learning center: his "belief in the potential that they had...was really evident"

Biancheria: "I've got a list that goes on for ten pages...I've narrowed them down to a page and a half"
cites partnerships set up
"you've been a pioneer, and your name has been synonymous with STEM education"
23 years of directing music at Christ the King

Ferrante promises to keep it to two minutes (to a laugh from the crowd)
quotes Don Kelley, "I never came to work a day that I wasn't happy"
"there were many days when I got up and said, 'boy, I don't want to go in there' because boy! There are challenges. But I knew what he meant."
"What seemed to be insurmountable odds ended up" being things that could be dealt with
"all have to come together and work very hard for our kids"
talks about his experience with the first robotics team (all women)
The Boyton gave them free dinner for seven weeks: "That's the type of community we have."
"all that work and all the frustration ended up being a success story"

No comments: