Friday, November 6, 2009

On Title 1, readers comments, and strings

I've gotten a few comments recently on Worcester and Title 1 funds on various posts, and so I had to go back and figure out what I'd left out. The short version is that Worcester as a district qualifies for Title 1; nearly all (save, now, four) of its elementary schools qualify, as do the middle and high schools. The elementary schools that are eligible take the funding; the middle and high schools do not, filling in with funding from other sources. The funding isn't taken at the middle and high school levels because NCLB ties those funds to other regulations (aka, if we took the money, there would be new and additional things we would have to do and be).
Yes, you've heard that about funding being tied to strings before. And if we've stuck to policy before...?
Thanks to my readers for catching this and giving me reason to go poking around on it! Please keep it up!

No comments: