On the agenda:
- We have local citizenry coming in to discuss the ACLU's arrest report and the WOO card.
- Reporting out are TLSS (twice), Governance and Employee Issues, and Accountability and Student Achievement (links to come).
- The usual August boatload of people retiring, resigning, and taking a leave of absence. I assume that we're getting all of the summer hires at the first September meeting.
- The Mass Association of School Committees proposed resolutions are up for review, before the fall delegates' assembly.
- A number of requests for reviews or reports (demonstrating that it's been awhile since our last meeting!)--more stringent phys ed requirements, an update on the Common Core implementation, painting of crosswalks, the family involvement plan, staff assignments, staff summer training, elementary school libraries, charter school reimbursement, dual language immersion programs...
- Also, we've got a grant coming in for Chandler Magnet School.
Tomorrow, 4 pm, City Hall!