Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Worcester East Middle theater

I was over at Worcester East Middle (the former Grafton Street Junior High) for a meeting today, and I asked permission to get into the theater, which my photos do not do justice and which I think one of the unknown gems in the Worcester Public Schools.
 These are the lights around the outside of the downstairs walls. The bulbs are obviously not original (any guesses on what they were like? Maybe candle flames?)
 A bit blurry photo of the amazing chandeliers in the ceiling. I'll try to get back there with a real camera, as these have really elaborate detailing that this photo doesn't catch at all.
 An even blurrier photo (sorry!) of the center ceiling medallion. All of the detail work is in the plaster.
 Upper right corner
View from the stage:




Among the many, many things I hope is that we can get some money (probably from outside the district budget) to put into this. It's a lovely room.

No comments: